Thursday, November 12, 2009

One of those days.

I'm not sure if it's the cold November Rain or for the fact that i'm alone in my office for the rest of the week with not much work to do or because my brain seems to never shut off, but I can't stop thinking about 'what if's' lately.  Especially with former relationships.  Colder weather seems to remind me more of Ex'es and on rainy days like today, all I'd like is to be curled up with a blanket in someones arms.  I miss that feeling.  The feeling of being safe.  The feeling of knowing someone cares.  I guess it's just one of those days....



When the timing is right (although is it ever right?) I will meet someone who completely takes my breath away.  But this inbetween time gets hard.  And with the holidays coming up, that makes it even harder for me.  I'm sick of spending Christmas alone.  This is the time of year when I should be happiest and thankful for my friends and family --which I am.  But my life lacks that special kind of love.  And it's starting to take its toll on me.  I've become jaded by being hurt so many times before.  What if I never find true love?  What's life without it?

I know that these nostalgic feelings won't stick around for ever, because let's face it, "nothing lasts forever...even cold November rain."  I just need to remind myself of that sometimes.  And continue to keep an open heart.

[images via: vi.sualize.us]

6 comments:

  1. I feel like this today too...it's definitely the weather and the time of year! UGHHH!!!!

    I loooove youuu!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep...the holidays are freakin' downers. Who needs pills?!!! Seriously...luv this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiiii, Liz sent me over!!!!

    ...I also hate days like that, they just bring freaking sadness :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. "to keep an open heart"...need to get that tattooed to not forget it!!
    you're very right but it's sooo hard sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks loves! It's def the season changing that gets me in these bummed moods. But trying to stay positive at the same time haha :)

    And that would actually be a pretty sweet tattoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh... I know exactly how you feel darling. I planned back in the summer that i was going to spend my holidays with my new husband... plans change.

    it's hard. i don't want christmas to come this year. i hate the songs this year and the lights that are beginning to pop up in people's yards. and the rain that WON'T STOP isn't helping anything.

    just gotta remember it's for a season. be confident and happy this christmas... maybe one day you'll miss your "single" years when you're visiting your in-laws for the holidays. ;)

    it's ok to think {and write}, but don't dwell.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.