Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"I wasn't lost, or frozen, or gone... I was alive; I was alive in my own perfect world."

It feels like I haven't blogged in years.  Ahhhh!  I guess work has kept me busy with the holidays being over, etc etc.  But here I am.  I watched the movie, "The Lovely Bones" online the other day.  Totally legit too. Not some shitty bootleg copy, either.  The movie, I thought, was uplifting.  Weird to say if any of you know what it's about.  It didn't make me cry though.  (And let's face it, 'Bambi' makes me cry!)  If anything, I thought it was quite suspensful.  But not in that whole "scary movie" suspensful kind of way.  More like, I was on the edge of my seat for nearly the entire movie wanting her father to FIGURE.IT.OUT.  I never read the book so I don't know how it compares to the movie, but I didn't really like how it ended.  I mean, the karma of it, I liked.  But I didn't like how they never found her body.  Maybe that was the point.  IDK.  Overall, good movie.  I suggest you check it out if you haven't already seen it.


(PS: Susan Sarandon was great)


Now for something completely unrelated, I feel like I need to say something about Haiti.  I've been plastering my twitter/fb with news and pictures and videos.  I can't help but feel helpless.  All I can do physically is keep donating money.  Which is what they need.  I am still absolutely AMAZED at the amount of $ the Red Cross has raised through their simple text campaign. (Text 'HAITI' to 90999)  SO many generous people in this world. SO many celebrities taking the resources they are so privledged to have and giving aid to these people in Haiti.  That. That makes me hopeful.  Unforuntely there is nothing but chaos going on over there.  There is no one in charge.  Resulting in looting.  Which has resulted in a whole new realm of violence.  It is absolutely heartbreaking to watch. Or to see pictures of.  Boston.com has done an amazing job at putting up pictures from the aftermath of the earthquake.  Today, they had a blog entitled, Haiti six days later.  The pictures are just gut wrenching.  For some reason though, this one seemed to grab my attention the most:


(A boy lies injured in a makeshift hospital after the earthquake in Port-au-Prince January 17, 2010. REUTERS/Carlos Barria)

I have no words.  I really don't.  All I ask is that you please, please donate what you can.  And please be careful in choosing which charities/organizations you donate to.  Here is a link, that I personally trust, that has a bunch of places you can donate to: http://www.networkforgood.org/


On a sidenote, Coachella -ella -ella announced their lineup for this year.  Looks pretty freakin badass.  (Yep, I said badass.)  And it's right in the smack dab middle of my BIRTHDAY weekend.  Hook it up yo! :)



I hope you all are enjoying your 2010 so far.
Let's all be thankful that [for the most part] we are SAFE and happy and healthy.
X's and Oh's.

2 comments:

  1. I read the Lovely Bones and it's my fav book ever so I'm afraid to see the movie-and you're the second person who's said it's online! Soooo I might have to cuz I'm lazy.

    Haiti. Heartbreaking.

    Hello?! COACHELLA IS GOING TO BE AMAZING. Let's do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent read lovely bones yet, but i definitely want to see the movie it looks extra interesting, and now with your review of it, DEF want to see it. Anyways, I really want to go to haiti to volunteer, but I have no passport :-\ if I was still in the service I could probly go with the national guard, but alas, i am no longer. What sucks is I cant even give money because I am like flat broke. I hope things start to look up for them.

    p.s. pat robertson should be shot.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.